Classroom tech has changed a LOT in the past 10 years!
Gone are the days when a simple web filter is sufficient to properly protect students and ensure that devices are being used for learning.
More and more devices are being brought into your district, pushing your tools, knowledge, and management structures to the breaking point.
Students are more adept at using technology, and bypassing district security and safety policies. Teacher expectations have risen as well – there are more challenges than there is time to meet them.
There are SO MANY policy settings….finding the right one is a daily challenge.
How do you turn your fleet of Chromebooks into a well-tuned system that supports teaching and learning in your district?
The winter cohort has sold out. Please add your name to the waitlist.
- Feeling overwhelmed by the endless configuration options available in the Google Admin Console?
- Not sure you are qualified to be the Chromebook admin for your organization?
- Surprised by how easily students are bypassing district security and safety policies?
- Concerned that your team needs to improve the tools and systems it uses to scale up your chromebook program.
- Eager for additional training that will improve your skills and improve your professional credentials?
Get the training you need to effectively manage your Chromebook fleet!
The Chromebook Academy is a LIVE virtual event for IT administrators that will review effective configurations and best practices for managing Chromebooks so that you can effectively manage a fleet of 10 or 10,000 devices.
Get the training you need to manage your Chromebook fleet and earn the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your students are safe and your devices are optimized for learning.
Each LIVE training will focus on one major Chromebook management topic, diving into the admin console to review the essential policies and configurations that will help keep users safe online and support teaching and learning in your district.
You will receive access to exclusive guides, checklists, and tools that will help you manage your fleet of 10 or 10,000 devices with confidence.
“Attending this admin workshop has given me confidence in my ability to work in our admin console.”
Sarah J. Kieffer, tech integration specialist, Cincinnati, Ohio
Is this course for me?
The Chromebook Academy is perfect for the person who “accidentally” became the IT administrator for a small school or organization. That’s exactly what happened to John Sowash, the course instructor, 10 years ago! You’ll get simple to follow advice in plain english, not IT jargon and complex terminology.
The Chromebook Academy is also designed to help experienced IT administrators who are managing medium to large Chromebook deployments. You’ll learn management strategies for multiple situations and get access to tools that will help insure that your technology investments are being used effectively.
Course Format and Structure
The Chromebook Academy is a LIVE virtual event. Each virtual session is 90-minutes long and will focus on one major Chromebook management topic. During each session you will navigate the Google admin console to review and adjust critical policies and configurations that will help keep users safe online and support teaching and learning in your district.
Each LIVE session will also feature engaging conversation as we discuss the benefits and challenges of various management strategies and policies. Many participants find this discussion to be the most useful part of their course experience.
Attendance is encouraged, but not required. Each session will be recorded and available for on-demand viewing.
You will also receive access to a special Google Classroom course filled with exclusive guides, checklists, and community discussion, that will further deepen your understanding of Chromebook policies and management strategies.
- LIVE sessions are hosted via Google Meet.
- Each session is 90 minutes long with time for Q&A.
- All sessions are recorded for on-demand viewing.
- Access to exclusive checklists, tutorials, guides, and a special participant discussions.
Need continuing education credit? Earn up to 10 hours of CEU credit (certificate provided!)
Exclusive Course Resources
In additional to the LIVE training sessions with John Sowash, the Chromebook Academy includes the following highly-valuable on-demand resources:
- PRINTABLE REFERENCE CHART for common Chromebook policies.
- DEPLOYMENT CHECKLIST for expanding your Chromebook fleet.
- EVALUATION GUIDELINES for third-party applications.
- Vetted LIST of the BEST extensions and Android apps for K-12 teachers & students.
- PRACTICE EXAMS to prepare for the ChromeOS administrator exam.
- LIFETIME ACCESS to all course content and session recordings.
5 virtual sessions (join LIVE or watch the replay)
Major Course Topics
- SIMPLIFY device enrollment with zero-touch enrollment (NEW!)
- BEST PRACTICES for K-12 environments with specific tips for elementary, MS, and HS deployments.
- Establishing a Chromebook “PENALTY BOX” for off-task students
- 15 CRITICAL POLICIES you should review to protect students while browsing online.
- ESSENTIAL TOOLS that will improve your fleet management.
- FIVE POLICIES that will improve access to district resources for teachers and students.
- Determine if ChromeOS FLEX is a good fit for your organization.
- CREATIVE WAYS to use the more than 600 Chromebook policies to focus device use and minimize distractions
- Everything you need to know to PASS the ChromeOS Administrator EXAM and earn your official administrator certification.
- THREE REPORTS you should run on a monthly basis to monitor the health of your fleet
“I appreciated this online class more than most I’ve taken. The content was useful and delivered in a simple, basic manner.”
Nathan Engelsma, teacher, Plymouth Christian School, Michigan
To ensure that you get the most out of this experience, access to the following items are required:
- Access to the Google Admin Console (super user permission recommended)
- At least 1 managed Chromebook in your admin console (can be added after session #1)
- Access to Google Meet through a personal Gmail or Google Workspace account
- Access to Google Classroom through a personal Gmail or Google Workspace account
Note: If you are new to the Google Admin Console please consider attending the Google Admin Bootcamp which will review the initial configuration for your Google Workspace domain and discuss the configuration for your user accounts and services like Gmail, Drive, Calendar, and Classroom.
“A great overview of Chromebook security and management. I learned some important things I hadn’t known and I expanded my knowledge in many areas.”
Elky Langer, Hillel Academy, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Exclusive Course BONUSES ($3,000+ value)
In addition to the LIVE training sessions and course resources, I have worked with several outstanding companies to give you exclusive access to tools and resources that will help you improve your ability to manage your Chromebook fleet. Register TODAY and receive these exclusive bonuses:
- BONUS: 60% off CTL demo devices, free ZTE provisioning, and device buyback ($500 value)
- BONUS: $200 off your first order from ChromebookParts.com ($200 value)
- BONUS: 6 months of Chromebook Getter ($125 value)
- BONUS: Try VIZOR for Chromebooks FREE for the rest of the school year ($1,000 value)
- BONUS: 6 months of Securly Classroom ($1,000 value)
- BONUS: Free Bump Armor sample case + 20% off your first order
Offers are subject to change. Details will be provided to attendees during the Chromebook Academy.
DON’T DELAY! Registration is limited to 50 participants. This ensures that everyone can participate in group discussions and can receive personal attention. Don’t miss out; register today!
Develop your abilities as a ChromeOS certified administrator!
Frequently Asked Questions
“I have a unique role / I’m in a unique school or district. Can I get personalized help?”
When you register for a Google Admin Bootcamp, you’ll also get the chance to schedule a one to one call with John. On the call, John can provide personalized support and answer your specific questions.
I’ve been using the admin console for a long time…is this a beginner training?
With more than 600 policies for Chromebook management, there is a LOT to explore. This course will help experienced IT admins review and optimize district policies to improve security and device useability.
Can I earn continuing education credit for this course?
Yes! The Chromebook Academy qualifies for 10 hours of CEU credit. Certifications of completion will be provided to all participants. Requirements vary widely between states and districts, so please confirm your district policies.
I can’t attend the live sessions, do you have a self-paced option?
Each session is delivered LIVE to ensure the most up-to-date information and encourage discussion. We recognize that this format doesn’t work for everyone which is why each session is recorded for on-demand access. Everyone will receive lifetime access to the video recording, a text transcript of each session, and bonus resources and help guides.
“We need serious help! Can we schedule a private training?”
Yes, I work with schools and districts that want private training to set up a 1:1 program or make Google their primary management system. I can tailor the training to your unique situation and needs. Interested? Get in touch!
I’m not an IT admin, but I’m in charge of managing our Chromebooks…is this training for me?
Yes! John was thrust into managing Chromebooks at his school with no training, and now he helps people who need to quickly upgrade their skills in order to do their job. To participate, you must have access to the Admin console for your school or district.
We don’t have Chromebooks yet, is this training a good fit?
This course is perfect for districts that are preparing to purchase and deploy devices. It is recommended that you have at least 1 managed Chromebook in your domain so that you can practice the strategies you will learn.
I work for a business or non-profit organization that is using Chromebooks, can I take this course?
Sure! While the focus of this course is the use of Chromebooks in an education context, the best practices that are shared are also applicable for businesses and nonprofits..
“What prior experience is required?”To participate, you must have full access to the Admin console and at least one managed Chromebook. This course focuses on the “devices” section of the admin console. If you are new to managing Google Workspace for Education, we recommend that you consider enrolling in the Google Admin Bootcamp, which will review other aspects of the admin console.